Computer Simulations and Experimental Physico-Chemical Techniques
to gain insight into Complex Systems
- Jakub Polák (2015/2023): Experimental and theoretical study of salting-out effect. [CV]
- Jakub Smutek (2021/2024): Development of a statistical mechanics model for the description of large ions. Co-supervised by Prof. Dominik Horinek (Uni. Regensburg) [CV]
- Martin Melčák (2021/2024): Preferential interactions of osmolytes with soft matter [CV]
- Gabriela Želonková (2022/2024): tba.
- Tereza Dolečková (2021/2023): Theoretical investigation of salting out effect of selected ethers
- Hi, here are free slots! There are so many interesting ideas to be (dis)proved by You 🙂
- Will be happy to host eligible students within frameworks, such as:
Erasmus+, IAESTE, RISE or set ad-hoc internship …
If you are interested, please contact me via email.
Former group members:
- Dominik Bubák (MSc. 2022): Interactions in aqueous urea-betaine solutions
- Gabriela Želonková (Bc. 2022): Theoretical study of neopentanols hydration
- Adam Šrut (MSc. 2021): Towards solvent specific effects in IR spectra of Re(bpy)(CO)3Cl complex
- Martin Melčák (MSc. 2021, Bc. 2019): Application of a coarse-grained generic polymer model in a computational study of cononsolvency effect; Cononsolvency consequences at finite polymer concentration
- Davide Sarpa (Erasmus+, 2019/20): Electron transfer in protein-Rhenium dye system (University of Insubria)
- Dr. Kuhan Chandru Balasanthiran (ChemJet fellow, 2018/20)
- Jakub Smutek (MSc. 2020): Theoretical methods in calculation of hydration free energy of hydrophobic molecules
- Denis Zadražil (Bc. 2017, MSc. 2020): Computational modelling of rare events; Computational modelling of polymer collapse transition kinetics
- Emil Pavelka (Bc. 2019): Salting out effect in systems with Lennard-Jones interactions
- Adam Kovalčík (Bc. 2017, MSc. 2019): Thermodynamic behavior of poly-N-isopropylacrylamide in water and aqueous electrolyte solutions; Thermodynamic insight to the collapse of poly-N-isopropylacrylamide in water and in aqueous salt and surfactant solutions
- Anežka Sedmihradská (internship 2017): Interaction of biomolecules with an active surface of a chromatography column (GACR: 16-05942S)
- Markéta Tomandlová (Bc. 2017): Densitometric determination of salt-specific effects on caffeine within Kirkwood-Buff theory.
- Vladimír Palivec (MSc. 2016): Computer modeling of glycocalyx and related model systems.
What do we do and how – poster
There is much more to reveal in soft matter! Enthusiastic students are always welcome!
For inspiration see the list of offered Bc. / M.Sc. / Ph.D. topics – link
For Internships and Seminar Works in theoretical chemistry, write me an email.